Thursday 18 December 2008

What is the Einstein Cone?

joel grounds

I was having a drink with a few mates at The Swan, and somehow the conversation drifted towards modern axiomatic principles. Euclidean geometry cropped up, and I muttered something about Einsteins Cone. Before I knew what had happened Bill Griffiths was on at me - 'What's this Einstein cone then?' I tried putting him off the scent by saying I was referring to a generalised cone like, and the surface created by the set of lines passing through a vertex and every point on a boundary sort of thing - but he was having none of it. I got a round in but he still didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

So, to answer his question, 'What is the Einstein Cone' I have produced the following:

information

No comments:

Post a Comment